Sunday, June 10, 2012

My FAVORITE vegan meal

My Favorite Vegan Meal; Lemon Vegetable Couscous This week has been a long learning experience for me.  I knew being vegan was going to be hard, but I have found myself eating almost the same exact thing every day.  I felt like I needed to take my favorite meal when I was a non-vegan and alter it to make it vegan.

Lemon Vegetable Couscous
  
Ingredients:
  • 1 box of whole grain (wheat) couscous (I bought the roasted garlic and olive oil kind to add flavor!)
  • 1/2 red, yellow and green bell peppers, chopped
  • 1/4 cup white onions, chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic, crushed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
  • About 2 tablespoons of cilantro
Directions:
  1. Cook the couscous using the directions the box gives you
  2. In a pan, put the olive oil and garlic on medium heat, then add the onion for a couple of minutes.
  3. Add the peppers, lemon juice and balsamic vinaigrette and cook until the vegetables soften.
  4. I usually add small amounts of salt, lemon pepper, cayenne pepper and pinch of garlic salt to spice it up.
  5. Mix it up and top it with the cilantro.
This entire meal takes a total of 10-15 minutes to make, its a quick clean up and you can make it so many different ways!  Plus, it fills you up so you will have plenty of left overs for the next day.

I have been trying to run outside more because of this beautiful Michigan weather. I understand that running is not for everyone so there is nothing wrong with doing some online workouts in the privacy of your humble abodes!  Blogilates by Cassey Ho is like my new bible.  Her mini workouts are awesome and you can do them at home.

Have a fabulous vegan week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment